Following the EIC Accelerator Green Deal call, five innovations supported by EIT InnoEnergy will receive grants funding up to €2.5m, and optional equity funding up to €15m, from the €7.8bn dedicated.
The EIC Accelerator (previously known as SME Instrument) is part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot. The EIC Accelerator supports high-risk, high-potential small and medium-sized companies and innovators in order to help them enter into the market with new innovative products, services and business models. Companies get extra acceleration services to connect with investors, corporates and likeminded entrepreneurs.
The expected impacts of this call are among the following:
- Increasing the EU’s climate mitigation and/or adaptation ambition;
- Supplying clean, affordable and secure energy;
- Transitioning of industry to a clean and/or circular economy;
- Building and renovating in an energy and resource-efficient way;
- Accelerating the shift to sustainable and smart mobility.
The EIC Accelerator Green Deal call received over 2000 applications from 38 different countries and among them, five of our supported innovations were awarded:
- ROSI, which contributes to a circular economy in PV by revalorising silicon from production and product waste
- WATTALPS, a modular and high-performance lithium batteries for off-road machines
- GLOWEE, which offers bioluminescence for the retail industry and the urban landscape
- HYSILABS, a safe, liquid and flexible solution to produce hydrogen on request
- SKELETON, the next generation ultracapacitors for energy storage
If the success rate of the application to the Green Dear call was 2%, the success rate of the EIT InnoEnergy start-ups and projects that have applied was 15%!
Congratulations to them!