NAWA Technologies awarded Solar Impulse efficient solution label
• NAWA Technologies recognised with prestigious Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label
• Award win follows NAWA Technologies’ longstanding commitment to clean technologies and social responsibility with real environmental benefits
• Label awarded for its NAWACap ultracapacitors which offer ten times more power and five times more energy than existing tech
• NAWACap has multiple game-changing uses, and can even be combined with conventional lithium-ion cells to make major gains in electric and hybrid battery solutions
• Applicable to any EV the efficiency improvements can reduce the size of the lithium-ion battery by up to half, or extend the range by double – or a combination in between
• At the same this technology greatly reduces the environmental impact of EVs
• For more information on NAWA Technologies visit: http://www.nawatechnologies.com
Aix-en-Provence, September 10th, 2020 – NAWA Technologies has been awarded as one of the 1,000 Solar Impulse Efficient Solutions for the planet, for its next-generation ultra capacitor-based energy storage systems. The prestigious award is given to solutions that are both clean and profitable, and have a positive impact on quality of life.
The Solar Impulse Efficient Solutions Label assesses the environmental benefits of a concept, for which NAWA Technologies was recognised for its efforts to develop ecologically conscious energy storage systems while driving innovation. The Label placed particular emphasis on NAWA Technologies’ ultracapacity battery technology, NAWACap, which is based on Vertically Aligned Cabon Nanotubes (VACNT) and provides a bridge between existing ultracapacitors and lithium-ion cells, bringing significant efficiency and environmental benefits.
A key demonstration of this concept came with the reveal of the NAWA Racer at CES 2020, a stunning zero emission motorbike concept which features a hybrid battery. Marking the first time an electric motorbike has used ultracapacitors, the hybrid system offers the best of both worlds: ultra-fast charging, incredible energy recovery and high power output thanks to the ultracapacitors, and a long continuous range thanks to better lithium-ion management.
[Read the full press release on the NAWA Technologies website]