Sustainable high energy density cathode material for stationary storage solutions
Altris produces a high energy density cathode material for rechargeable batteries with a low-cost production method using only abundant elements.
The battery production industry has a need for low-cost, sustainable electrode materials that are free from nickel, cobalt and lithium. Furthermore, batteries capable of low temperature performance are in strong demand.
A patented solution for producing a practical cathode material for sodium batteries that is free from nickel, cobalt and lithium. Its elements – sodium, iron, carbon, nitrogen – are accessible, economical and pose no health/environmental hazard. The production process is cost competitive since it runs at low temperatures and pressures. Unlike li-ion batteries, it enables reliable sub-zero performance.
The value proposition
- Can be transported and stored without risk of explosion.
- Cheapest battery chemistry in the long run.
- Good performance in below 0C environment.
- High energy density.
- Low investment needed to scale production.
- The most eco friendly battery technology.