Revolutionary low-cost electricity storage in a hydrogen-bromine flow battery.
Elestor has developed flow batteries with an extensive lifespan that can store electricity safely and at a fraction of the cost of traditional batteries.
Given the unpredictability of renewable energy producers, such as sun and wind, grid owners are looking for cost effective means of storing electricity. This is essential to solve issues such as instability and overload of the electricity grid.
Elestor electricity storage systems are based on hydrogen bromine flow battery technology. Originally developed by NASA, Elestor has further engineered the concept to enable its use in a wide variety of grid and industrial applications.
The value proposition
- Fast reaction kinetics, resulting in very short response times.
- High accessibility, enabling easy maintenance and updates.
- Independent configuration of storage power (kW) and capacity (kWh).
- Modulary scalable, from 50kW up to several MW.
- No self-discharge when system is idle.
- Storage costs per kWH 5-10 times lower than incumbent systems.