Graphenix Development Inc – GDI SI
100% Silicon Anodes for Li-ion batteries
Li-ion Anode that is binder and carbon free, 100% silicon coated, 30% higher energy, 75% reduction in manufacturing
Li-ion batteries need longer running times and require much faster charging than an hour, without sacrificing safety
GDI Si has developed batteries with 30% higher energy, just15-minute charging, and a new standard in safety for Li-ion by solving a key flaw – dendrite formation. The result is a silicon-based Li-ion battery that is superior in performance to current state of the art versions. GDI’s IP-protected manufacturing approach leverages the supply chain, equipment set and advanced processes that are already deployed by the solar industry, allowing GDI to upscale rapidly.
The value proposition
- Delivers full package of anode and cell.
- Silicon is a less expensive path to high energy.
- A non-powder silicon anode is safer and easier to handle than Li-metal.
- Safety by avoiding Lithium plating and dendrites, helping prevent EV fires/recalls.
- Silicon is the second most abundant element on earth.
- Highly scalable path to TeraWatt volumes.