Smart city control systems for energy efficient cities and municipalities
Greinon Engineering AB
Ideon Science Park
22 363 Lund
Greinon produces an innovative, fully modular and autonomous smart city control system turns conventional infrastructure into smart city units, interconnected in a wireless mesh network. The system ensures efficient energy consumption, and runs using lightweight machine learning algorithms. It is primarily designed for street lighting, but it can also be used for intelligent control of indoor lighting, façade lighting, traffic monitoring systems and more, within many different types of urban environments, including parks, roads and residential areas.
City infrastructure is becoming more “intelligent” and responsive to need, ensuring smarter energy use, reducing waste and pollution, and improving predictive maintenance. Infrastructure owners have a legal obligation, as well as a marketing need to attract people and investment, to optimise urban energy use, decrease their CO2 footprint, and enable easier, lower cost management.
Greinon has developed an innovative, fully modular, autonomous smart city control system that turns conventional infrastructure into smart city units interconnected in a wireless mesh network. Greinon’s system ensures efficient energy consumption, and runs using innovative lightweight machine learning algorithms. The system is primarily designed for street lightning, but can also be used for intelligent control of indoor lightning, façade lightning, traffic monitoring systems and more.
The system includes:
- A modular intelligent hardware unit that can be installed as a stand-alone plug-and-play system into existing LED fixtures or distributed together with LED luminaires.
- A server software which bridges secure connections within the system and keeps track of the system, enabling efficient management of city infrastructure.
- A Graphical User Interface (GUI) that allows end-users to monitor and control key system parameters and relevant infrastructure performance.
The value proposition
Greinon offers small-sized products that are cost efficient to install. The company makes it possible to combine a variety of smart solutions, and the option of updating and upgrading as new needs and standards emerge. It offers optimal power consumption, which makes Greinon’s the only control system that can operate on installations powered by renewable sources.
- Modularity and scalability (pick and combine features as required, add new ones in the future)
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Flexibility and inter-operability with third-party systems
- On-demand development and customisation