Sustainable biofuel and bioenergy from municipal solid waste.
Avda. de Carlet, 7446250
L´Alcúdia, Valencia – Spain
PERSEO Bioethanol® Technology has developed a completely innovative urban solid waste valorisation treatment that obtains two commercial high value products for energy use: second generation bioethanol for fuel vehicle uses, and a high calorific value solid organic fuel capable of producing heat and electricity by cogeneration. PERSEO Bioethanol® demonstration plant, located in L’Alcúdia (Valencia, Spain), has a processing capacity in wfermentation of up to 25 tons / day of organic fraction of municipal solid waste.
Biowaste treatment is a big issue in Europe where there is a demand for a sustainable and competitive waste treatment process (Directive 2008/98/EC). The demand for sustainable biofuels is increasing (Directive 2009/28/EC). The demand for processes that reduce GHG emissions (flagship initiative SET-Plan).
PERSEO Bioethanol® has developed a biotechnological process that applies in the field of MSW management and impacts directly the production of biofuels, with a reduction of GHG. The business model is based on the development of tailor made projects for each client: from design to building up.
The value proposition
PERSEO Bioethanol® has developed a process that is feasible, replicable and profitable:
- Development of a simple biotechnological process with good yields of bioethanol conversion.
- Process proven at semi-industrial scale: optimisation and improvement to obtain a feasible and profitable process.
- Biorefinery concept development.
- Solving sorting problems in order to guarantee a stable process.
- Better economical results than current WT technologies.