Efficient drone based forest fertilising and bio ash recirculation
Nordluft Automation is a Swedish development company working to automate a range of forestry and agricultural businesses via unmanned aerial vehicles or UAVs. Their technology reduces production costs, increases green industrial processes efficiency, and protects the environment.
Tractors, modified forest machines and helicopters are used to spread forest feriliser and bio ash. An alternative technology that can perform the same task in a more efficient and sustainable way is needed.
Nordluft Automation has developed an automated spreading system based on the world’s first commercial application of a heavy lift drone swarm for forest fertilising and forest bio ash recirculation as main applications.
- A small of collaborating heavy lift electric multicopters
- An avdanced drone swarm control system for maximum autonomy, performance and safety
- A system approach with the base station logistics and functions integrated in the product
The value proposition
- Up to 80 % cost reduction of spreading
- Lower CO2 emissions compared to current spreading methods
- Less noice
- More even spreading
- High flexibility in work area size and position with regards to distance from a road.