Ultra fast carbon electrode from NAWA Technologies to bring quantum leap in battery performance
New nano-based design is the fastest electrode in the world
- Breakthrough technology, based on patented Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanotube (VACNT) design, will bring revolutionary improvements in power, energy, lifecycle and charging time
- NAWA’s Ultra Fast Carbon Electrode is the fastest in the world, combining highest ionic, electrical and thermal conductivity
- Revolutionary nano-sized 3D design means batteries are no longer limited by powder-based systems; increased performance for all batteries, particularly those in electric vehicles
- Technology can improve power by a factor 10, energy storage by up to three, lifecycle by up to five and reduce charging time down to minutes instead of hours
- Can be used with existing and advanced new battery chemistries; improved safety and more eco-friendly with less reliance on rare-earth materials too
- NAWA’s design can bring significant cost savings – electrodes account for almost 25 per cent of the cost of a battery while today’s global lithium-ion battery market is worth in excess of $35 billion*
[Press release] October 6th, 2020 – NAWA Technologies presents the Ultra Fast Carbon Electrode, a breakthrough nano-based innovation that unlocks next-level performance for all types of batteries, particularly those used by electric vehicles.
Currently one of the major limitations of battery power, energy and lifecycle is the design and material used for the electrode. Based on inefficient powders, existing electrodes have low electrical, thermal and ionic conductivity, along with poor mechanical behaviour when discharged and recharged, and can also suffer from early delamination and degradation leading to safety and lifecycle issues.
But based on NAWA’s patented vertically-aligned carbon nanotube (VACNT) design, which is also the basis of its next-generation ultracapacitors, the revolutionary Ultra Fast Carbon Electrode combines the highest ionic conductivity – thanks to a 3D fully accessible nanostructure – with the highest electrical and thermal conductivity, provided by its arrangement of 100 billion nanotubes per sq cm, all vertically aligned.
[Read the full press release on the NAWA Technologies website]